The Instrument Assembler performs supporting tasks as necessary in support of production schedules while maintaining safety, quality, and delivery to the highest standard.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Electrical and mechanical assembly of instruments and sub-components.
• Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team with other manufacturing personnel and engineers to support R&D and process improvement activities to meet production goals.
• Perform programming, testing, and debugging of instruments.
• Work from written instructions, schematics, SOPs that provide detailed assembly operations, and assembly drawings. Provide input on creating new or updating instructions and SOPs.
• Read, interpret, and follow basic blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bill of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately assemble equipment and products.
• Perform inspection and test of in-process and incoming materials as assigned.
• Adhere to and follow company safety standards and regulations.
• Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
• Ensure inventory accuracy by abiding to policies and procedures
• Cross training as required to support all Operations activities.
• Performing other duties as assigned
• 3+ years’ experience in electrical and mechanical assembly
• Experience with analytical instrumentation is preferred
• Working knowledge of ERP systems
• Basic Mechanical/Electrical procedure reading, and troubleshooting are necessary to progress in role
• Basic knowledge of electronics
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Technical degree or certificate a plus