Plant Operator for a 12.5 MW Co-generation and Central Utility Plant located at
the University of New Hampshire in Durham, NH.
Skills and Experience:
Knowledge of operation, maintenance and repair of steam, power and chilled water systems. Experience with high pressure steam boilers, gas turbines and chillers preferred.
• Operate and monitor a gas fired turbine power plant to provide electricity,
150 lb steam, heating hot water and chilled water to campus.
• Operate a gas / #2 fuel boiler plant as a backup.
• Monitor 34.5KV, 5KV and switchgear electrical systems.
• Perform maintenance on plant equipment as directed.
• Stand a 12 hour seven day rotating shift. One week on / one week off.
• Follow written operating procedures. Perform tours, log equipment.
• Have ability to work in a power plant environment that includes; climbing
stairs and ladders, walking long distances, standing, and ability to lift 50
• Perform work in a safe, continuous and efficient manner while maintaining
environmental and housekeeping standards.
The ideal candidate should possess:
• 2+ years job related work experience
• Good oral and written skills.
• Basic computer skills.
• Navy (GSM, GSE, and MM ratings) or Maritime experience is desirable.