Founded in 1981, Harbor Group offers multi-dimensional financial planning and wealth management services to individuals, families, and small businesses. The firm is currently looking for a bright and motivated individual to join its team as a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER(TM) practitioner. This position is ideal for individuals who are interested in pursuing a career with a growing financial planning firm.
The Financial Planner will be a primary point of contact for clients, working with senior financial planners at the firm while being supported by other members of the team in order to provide clients with individual solutions to meet their unique needs and circumstances. This high profile position will play an integral role in the success of our client relationships. Daily activities will include:
- Engage with current clients regarding all aspects of their financial planning goals and circumstances
- Review and make recommendations on financial planning deliverables
- Participate in all aspects of pre-meeting preparations and post-meeting action items and client follow-up. Co-present recommendations to clients with senior financial planners.
- Conduct regular dialogue via phone, email, video conference, and face-to-face meetings to address client questions and proactively convey planning strategies
- Educate and consult with clients on investment philosophy, portfolio performance, and other investment matters
- Construct and rebalance client portfolios in accordance with the firm’s investment strategy
- Develop trusting relationships with clients through effective communication
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must hold the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER(TM) designation
- Ability to prepare cash flow, educational cost, and income tax projections, retirement income needs analysis, risk management reviews, and analyze estate planning strategies is preferred
- Prior experience working in a client facing role is preferred
- Outstanding communication, relationship building, and analytical skills
- Be an enthusiastic, motivated, and confident team player
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Résumés without a cover letter will not be considered.