The New Hampshire Job Corps Center is seeking a dynamic, positive Assistant Cook to be a part of a thriving team! The New Hampshire Job Corps Center is a federally funded, residential vocational training facility. Our mission is to provide cost-free, career-based technical and academic training along with job placement assistance to low-income youths ages 16-24.
The Assistant Cook is responsible for assisting in the preparation of food and beverages for consumption by students. Assists in kitchen clean-up to facilitate sanitizing of all food service areas.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required. Advanced degrees preferred.
• Previous experience in food service preferred.
• Must be able to obtain ServSafe credentials.
• Must be 21 years of age or older.
• Responsible for assisting in food preparation.
• Assists in kitchen clean-up, by working in the dish room and cleaning cafeteria area.
• Responsible for working the hot or deli line.
• Responsible for breaking down and properly storing food.
• Mentor, monitors, and models the Career Success Standards to our students required by the company policies.
• Other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday 5:30am-2:30pm, hours may vary.
• 11 paid holidays a year
• Accrued vacation and sick time
• Medical, Dental, and Vision
• 401k and Employee Stock Ownership after one year of service
• Paid STD/LTD, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Will Preparation, Travel Assistance, and Identity Theft
Adams and Associates, Inc. is a 100% employee owned company subcontracted to run Job Corps Centers under the guidance of the DOL.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.